If you have a self-cleaning oven, use the setting no more than once a year. For those in-between cleans, try these green cleaning techniques to keep you cooking!
1) Fill a baking dish with 1 inch of water and squeeze 2 lemons into the dish, throwing the rinds in as well. Put the dish into the oven at 250 degrees and let bake for 30 minutes to soften the gunk on the oven’s surface.
2) After the oven has cooled completely, use your All Purpose Cleaning solution to wipe down the sides, grates, top and bottom thoroughly.
3) For tough, baked on food, use a paste of 3 Tbs baking soda to 1 tsp lemon juice. Apply the paste to stain let sit for 15 – 30 minutes, then remove with warm water.
4) For caked on grease, use dish soap mixed in hot water and sponge off the grease.
5) For your glass doors, use a paste of 3 Tbs baking soda to 1 tsp lemon juice. Rub it on the glass and let sit for 15 – 30 minutes, then remove with warm water.